Thursday, October 1, 2009

7th Heaven.




My whole week's schedule read like a freshie's schedule during the orientation camp period. Somehow, someone out there decided to reverse time, so now instead of a Year 4, I feel like an overly eggcited/enthusiastic/eager Year 1. Thanks to the Anti-You basketball team.

Yes, I'm talking about them- again. These bunch of equally overly eggcited/enthusiastic/eager beavers, ready for supper and burping games anytime.

Someone please remind me I have an FYP to do and a square hat to toss at the end of all these, please.

We are now mid-season into the Sunig games, with one more game to play agains ANUS. (Har.) In this recess week, we've been seeing each other everyday-- and recess week hasn't even ended yet. Someone had a brilliant idea to have a stayover (not sleepover, and for a damn good reason), and so after Tuesday's game, almost the whole team was up till 7am the next day, playing charades (Wanmei points frantically to Pris, shaking her head violently in a bid to act out movie title "I not stupid".) and a so-damn-fun Murderer (stupid Qinling the prostitute who exposed me) in which they all realised I wasn't very capable of lying (Zhi Hui innocently said "I think Ah Mole is the murderer" and everyone saw my face change). Damn.

After some McDonalds breakfast, the quinessential meal after a long night, we all went back to the halls. I slept in Ah Fang and Shi Hui's room, along with Qinling, Cynthia and a previously braless Pris who was so excited about Murderer she tried to make us all stay up. Some of her antics included rolling us down to the floor and playing Linkin Park's "Numb" at full blast.

Of course, she didn't succeed, and pretty soon we were all knocked out. Imagine 4 centres on 2 single-person beds. I just thank goodness that Anti You's centres are mostly tall, not bulky. Shi Hui claimed that she was stuck to the wall at one point in time. Perhaps I was trying to box her out in the midst of my sleep.

I woke up with a strange sensation on my face, and thought I'd drooled all over myself. But it turned out to be TOOTHPASTE. Stupid Cynthia and Pris pretended to be innocent and fast asleep, but I woke up everyone with my screaming. Hyak hyak. Chaos reigned and toothpaste flew fast and furious after that, and we were more than awake after the episode.

I went back for some refereeing, but decided to stay one more night, since my FYP (Yar, FINAL YEAR PROJECT) meeting was going to be held at Jurong Point the next morning. And thank goodness I did, because some of us went to chill out at night, and I was in pretty much the same state the day I came home in Shanghai from my farewell dinner. A lil' more eggcited, and a lil' happier. :)

That night, I remembered knocking out in their room after showering. My hair wasn't even dry yet. Somewhere along the way, I rolled on the floor and laid there till the next morning. Ahhh, a good sleep. But of course, I believe the two poor girls had to suffer my "concert of rythmic but musically impossible notes." Thanks girls, for 收留ing me for 2 nights.

Which brings me- finally- to today. Now, I'm droopy-eyed and about to go for a short nap before an online meeting later at 10pm. My energy level is highly saturated and a spot in my neck hurts from not sleeping properly last night.

But I'm just really a lil' more eggcited, a lil' happier. People come and people go, but let's just enjoy it while it last.

Every single bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment