Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Simpsons are Twenty!



Homer Simpson and family have gone through 20 seasons, and today, they celebrate with a naked Marge on the cover of Playboy.

I love The Simpsons. And it reminds me that the 2 box sets of season 19 and 20 are still in Soon Hui's house, along with goodness-knows-what-other-items-I-shipped-from-Shanghai.

But there is no time to get them.

4am. That's my sleeping time these days. 4am in the morning.

The workload keep tumbling down, raining down. An avalanche. A snowstorm. A "insert any natural disaster" of epic proportions.

Then there's the sidelines. 2 of 'em. Freelance writing and whistle-blowing. I think I can make a juggler look ashamed of himself. For Europe, for my big fat movie of the year, and to sustain life, the sidelines are here to stay.

But I could be exaggerating.

However, in the midst of such chaos, it becomes a joy to squeeze precious time out for simple things. Some night safari madness, an impromptu movie last night, spending a bit of time before I sleep to talk to Him. (Sometimes I doze off and forget to say "Amen". Yikes.)

When crunch time comes, it's always unavoidable. But I believe in my strength. And not forgetting, there's always season 1 to 18 of The Simpsons.

No comments:

Post a Comment