Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Wedding March

I just came back from a wedding rehearsal in the chapel.

My first wedding rehearsal, but obviously I'm not the bride. The honour of that goes to Mrs Esther Ang-to-be, my cellgroup mate whose dating progress with Mr James Ang was witnessed by all of us over the past 2 years.

From enduring endless teasing, to admitting their relationship, to making this big step in cementing their commitment to each other, by God's grace, this is it.

As I watched Esther walk down the aisle as she tries to perfect the timing to the wedding music playing from the speakers, there was a warm and fuzzy vibe all around. I also caught Michelle staring dreamily at the bride-to-be, probably wondering in her mind what will she do when it's her turn.

In just over an hour, the rehearsal was over and done with. And all that's left to do is to wait for Saturday, when the real thing happens. I'm really excited about this- which is quite surprising considering I was relaxed much when it came to my own sister's wedding. Weddings also have that magnetic effect to make us all believe that love between a couple can be chaste, pure, beautiful.

I'm sure Saturday will be magnificent.

No comments:

Post a Comment