Thursday, November 17, 2011

Against The Titans

I found myself breathless about 3 minutes into the game against one of the three biggest clubs in Singapore.

I was huffing, puffing, and I could feel the stomach stitching up.

不认老也不行啊。

But just playing against them, looking at the way they pass with such precision, the way they play in a whole new level with such fluidity and ease, wow, you really take your hats off them. Of course, these people sacrifice so many other things just for the game, and it's obvious how hard work pays off on court.

Well, for me, I was never the one who'd go all out to train like crazy when I was young. I was the one who took the CCA as it was, a CCA. Just being able to don the jersey and get some playing time, that's good enough for me.

And now, it has come to a point where many times, I've been asking myself, am I still going to continue to play? I'm just one player, in the midst of so many talented girls. And, to be realistic, I'm not that good anyway. Sometimes, I wonder what keeps me going.

In fact, it's not passion that keeps me going.

It's that feeling, that feeling when you run and you just want to stop, but you know you can't, that feeling of your muscles about to burst, but you still have to grit your teeth and continue on.

That "muscle burning, panting like a hounddog when you find yourself at the end point, surprised you're still alive" kind of feeling.

That "hey, I'm not that weak" feeling.

Feels good.

Anything to take the mind off work.

Sad to say, while huffing and puffing during the game, I was slow jogging back every time the opponents got the ball and went on their fast break. I want to say I'm too old already, but oh well, I think my stamina is down the drain. Nevermind, on the positive side, I had 3 assists and scored 2 points (ya, easily satisfied haha), even though I was so confused because Coach put me as a forward.

Now, my aim is to eat a lot and gain weight so that I can hold my own against the taller, meaner, bigger people on court. I want to be FAT!

But still pretty. I want to be pretty fat. Hahaha. That doesn't sound right.

Fat people are usually happy people. So I want to be fat. :) Plus, Christmas is coming around, so putting on some weight shouldn't be hard.

You know where to find me during those Christmas parties/ weddings. Buffet lines, here I come!

I want to be a big fat Dinah Saw!

No comments:

Post a Comment