Monday, November 14, 2011

The Post Producer.

That's me.

That's what I do at work everyday, producing post. No, not the kind with the envelops and stamps, but edits after edits after edits.

At the start, I wasn't really producing post, but I was doing more coordination to make sure the in-house editor, aka "Left Neh Neh" (he called himself that) had his footage on time and that he hands up his edits on time as well.

After a while, I was given more responsibility, like checking tapes after they were dumped out, then sending them off to the only terrestrial broadcast station in Singapore.

Then slowly, I got my break, and now, added on to these responsibilities is the honourable task of cutting an entire episode by myself. Then another, then another.

My best friend at work is the humble Final Cut Pro, where I probably can say I know about 10% of its true prowess.

Well, that just goes to show that I have a long way to go. But hey, I'm not complaining.

I had a chat with my Secondary School form teacher on Facebook last week at 11pm. I remembered the time because I told him I was still in the office. With his 3 kids smiling widely on his profile picture, it reminded me that time stops for no one. He said, "I bet you're in some media company. I always remember that you were hooked after attending some workshop after your O Levels."

How did you know, Mr Thomas? Indeed I'm hooked.

Just having that conversation with him allowed me to think back on my teenage dreams and how far I've come. Dreams are probably one of the hardest things to quash, remember that, and let's just keep on going cos when the going gets tough, the tough get...

GOING all the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment