Friday, October 7, 2011

Up In The Air



My previous post below is just a small-time self-pity rant, which you can ignore.

In fact, I was moping about the fact that I worked late the whole week, but no no, don't have to take pity on me. I should be glad for that actually, because I was given an opportunity to do something big. Something that'll be on tv. Put smiley face. :)

Ya, happy la, even though I missed night time activities.

It's amazing to see how the opportunities come when you are patient and press on. And definitely, these are God-given, I have to acknowledge that.

You see the picture above? I was supposed to talk about my Bali trip, but no time lah. But I would like to share that special moment immortalised by this picture.

Para-sailing.

Basically, you wear your harness, you listen to the guy with 2 flags. And before you know it, your harness is clipped to the parachute and the people are asking you to run. Run! Run!

It's only 5 seconds before the wind takes you up. There's no way of coming back down, you're going higher now. You're scared, but all you can do is hold on to the parachute. You can see the boat now, then you see corals, and then you see the whole beach below you.

You're still scared. In awe, yes, but still afraid, tense. Afraid that you might somehow fall. It's beautiful though, and if you weren't so scared, you'll be enjoying the view.

Right there, right at the top of the world, with wind at your feet and the sky within your reach, you start talking to the only person who can calm you down. God.

After about 5-7 minutes, you find your feet on sand again. Ahh, you survived.

I've never been much of a thrill seeker, but I believe that this experience probably made me bolder, and grateful.

Wow, I have been empowered.

No comments:

Post a Comment