Friday, October 28, 2011

Someone Like You- Adele

Running takes my mind off certain things.

But at the same time, it forces me to focus on some.

I had a quick chat with God while running just now from my house to Bishan Park and then back. I had a stomachache while at Bishan Park so I stopped and walked for a while. It was peaceful, tranquil, a little dark but it wasn't too scary. It was all very nice and serene, but my heart wasn't. I was in a sort of a mess, the kind of mess that I should have pulled myself up a long time ago but didn't, the kind of mess like a drunken tattoo somewhere hidden gone wrong. Yes, that kind.

The kind that nobody can help you. Only God. My fear though, is that He's been sending people to help me, but I'm too preoccupied to notice.

Anyway, it doesn't matter. I still had a good chat with The Man Upstairs. In time, I'll understand why certain things work in certain ways, why people can be so nice at once and nasty the next.

We're no longer kids who tear each other up over who gets the most love from our parents. We're all grown up now.

This post wasn't meant to be ended in this way, but it just goes to show that there are bigger messes to fix than (figurative) drunken tattoos and whatnot. We just gotta move on from what's in front of us to something more. So,

"Nevermind I'll find someone like you.
I wish nothing but the best for you.
Don't forget me, I pray,
I remember you said,
Sometimes it lasts in love and sometimes it hurts
instead."

Sometimes it lasts, sometimes it hurts, and we just gotta get a grip on and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment