Sunday, January 31, 2010

Musings for a Rest Day.



Woah, I did a lot of stuff for a Sunday.

I scrubbed my car today.

Scrubbed it hard with soap and my dad sprayed it with water at his warehouse. It is very important to me that I have finally acknowledged this commitment with the Car, and therefore I have cleared all the rubbish/leaves/unwanted bottles of water/parking coupon stubs as well as put a small bottle of hand sanitiser plus wet tissue in the front compartment so that I can clean bird shit at will (and I'm going to capitalise the first letter of "Car" whenever I mention it), not to mention bought glass cleaning liquid to try and make the windows less dirty.

It was hard work, but I did it. (but tio-ed bird shit about 15 minutes later. !@#!$@%$)

I went for training afterward, but it was just me and Zhao. Coach came, and instead of training, he started talking for 2 hours. It was really interesting, but it does put the brain into overdrive. He talked about a lot of concepts, ideas and many deep dark things in this small little enclave we call "passion". Really, after turning 21, you cannot think of things as they look. You have to dig, sometimes really deep, and the stuff you discover in there arn't that pleasant. Oh well. I can't wait to start training again though. At least let me play in the Open just once.

I also went for my referee Beep test today. Just get it over and done with so that I can referee games and earn more money for my graduation trip. Grow, money, grow! The 66 laps were something. But it was expected, since I haven't exercised in a week. LPBT here I come!

But throughout the whole day, the most important thing I did was to go to Church! I want to praise the Lord because my FYP team got the Singapore Film Commission funding. After 2 to 3 months of waiting, they finally replied and gave us just enough to cover costs.

Prayer works.

Really. Prayer does wonders. God does wonders and I just want to sing out loud that He is "altogether lovely, altogether worthy, altogether wonderful to me." I thank the people who has helped to pray for me, and this project, and I thank God for answering.

The Lord provides.

And Church is no longer a scary place, which I felt the first time I came. Every Sunday morning I come in, I am greeted by so many familiar faces, concerned people, lovely people. But I think I still need to put in effort to be more committed for fellowship sessions. Plus when BFF (best friends forever, issit ah, Ros?) starts, I should propose that we go on mission trips together.

I love my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment