Monday, January 25, 2010

Epilogue/ Year 4

It’s over.

4 years, 3 SUNIG, 4 IVPs, 4 gold and 2 silver medals later, here I stand, finally as an acknowledged member of the varsity basketball team.

You’ll probably know my history in this team. I’d have probably said it a million times. And so I shall go no further to dwell in the past, other than to point out a new fresh fact that we lost to ITE on Thursday night.

Girls, I thank you for the memories. I hope the Rush and I have served you well. It was through you people where I realized that the car has an expanded seating capacity and that the way I play the game is truly flair-less. Nobody else bothers to reply the point guard when she says out the play. But, as Homer would say to a cake that has fallen on the pavement, “it’s still good, it’s still good.”

It’s actually not just good. It’s been fantastic.

I thank Cynthia for showing me round is a shape and it can bruise hips, Ah Fang for showing me love towards teammates, Ah Qin for her precious life lessons (bundled with her endless “evergreen” suaning), Shi Hui for her wise words (and lovely bed; sorry for traumatising you last semester), Baoxian for her chirpy exterior (but somehow, sadness looms), Jie Qi for always accommodating our ridiculous requests, Mei Fen for finally staying over, Kalai for her dance moves, Yan for her biblical wisdom, Jayne for her insatiable appetite for food, Pey Pey for her stupid tricks (because of you I’m using my brain more), Wan Mei for her calmness, Pris for her idiocy (but we love you anyway), Xiao Hei for your encouragements, and Jing Feng and Ling Di, for sticking around. Thank you coach, for encouraging me during trainings.

Zhi Hui, most importantly, for being through thick and thin with me these 4 years.

That’s it folks. The next thing I’m going to be shooting wouldn’t be the orange ball, but a proper film/video/something.

No comments:

Post a Comment