Thursday, February 11, 2010

Operation Hard Disk.

I'm one car ride away from Anti-You, 20 minutes away from checking if data from hard disk has been recovered and also one moment away from saving a whopping $1000.

Pris' boyfriend's data recovery software cost $118 and after 1 night and half a day of data rescue (imagine files and folders lying precariously on high ledges, preparing to jump, then in swoop the SWAT team and negotiators.), I see the most important data safely in another hard disk.

Major whew.

Seriously, after 2 weeks of agony and pain, of hearing the IT guy say that the inside plate was severely damaged, of the thought of having to part with an almost non-existent $1000, I am so thankful that data recovery doesn't cost a bomb.

And kinda ticked that someone tried to charge $1000 (ok technically $850 plus 7% GST) while claiming that my hard disk is "quite badly damaged". Even though I don't claim to be an IT expert, logically I know that if there's 1 plate in a hard disk and 2 other folders (partitions) in that same plate can be mounted, how physically damaged can it exactly be? It's just like saying your whole fridge is spoiled when it's only your freezer which can't work. DUH. Plus, the most physically exerting thing I did to the hard disk was to yank out the USB cable. Didn't even touch the object itself.

So let it be a lesson guys. IT idiot or not, logic still applies. Don't let those bespectacled nerds tell you otherwise.

And pray hard too. It works! My God is good. And I thought of a good song.

"God will make a way
where there seems to be no way (eg. $1000!)
He works in ways we cannot see
He will make a way for me (eg. data recovery software + successful sponsorship request)
He will be my guide
Hold me closely to His side
With love and strength (yea!)
For each new day (everyday!)
He will make a way (everyone sing along!)
He will make a way. "

No comments:

Post a Comment