Sunday, February 14, 2010

The First Day of Chinese New Year

Not surprisingly, I got asked ('bombarded' is a good word) quite a few times about my singlehood since it's fricking 14 February as well. My nanny was the most concerned, with her furrowed brows as she asked "有没有男朋友?"

"Ah ma, 没有。很难找leh。"

"为什么没有?"

"Eh...."

I think I should have interjected that conversation with a "Ah Ma! 你看!恐龙!".

I started complaining to Ah Qin about this since just before Chinese New Year eve. And the result is the following hilarious SMS conversation.

Ah Qin: "....Your relatives never ask you got bf that kind of qns meh?"

Me: "got la! all the time can..and all my younger cousins got bf at the age of like wad, ten? Grr, I'm only 22 la. Next yr wear a 'i not lao chu nu' tee go liao.

Ah Qin: "HAH kids nowadays. Hahaha I like the I nt lao chu nu tee idea! Or wear something like "i popped my cherry" hahaha.

Me: "hahaha! haven pop la, cannot wear! I'll wear a "don't ask" or "hanna I'm still single" or "too bad you're a cousin."

If others would like such tees, do contact me and we'll buy in bulk in preparation for next year's onslaught.

Nevertheless, I got a long flower stuffed toy! It was from of Mr Oily who gave each of us 3 single ladies one stalk each since we went to watch the movie "Valentine's Day" without a valentine with the sole exception of Mrs Oily.

Here's some visiting photos.



This top was a dress but then it looked too short on me so I had to transform it. Let's just say it was a really HOT day yesterday and in future, I'm not going to wear any jeans.




Sleepy brother.



Sleepy father.



Happy mother at her old house.



The in-house contractor in front of this old painting that has been in the house since before I was born.

Alright people! Let's just get this festive season over and done with- with loads of R&R in between, and as a consolation, remember we're getting ang pao money for being single!

No comments:

Post a Comment