Sunday, November 4, 2012

Moving House

In 4 days time, I bid adieu to the lovely town of Bishan, which I've stayed at all my life, and relocate myself to the west.

I dread this change, this move, this dynamic shift.

On Thursday, I will wake up in my normal life, go to work, and come home to a whole new environment, one that for now feels far, cold, chocolaty (from the Cadbury factory in Boon Lay), and strangely nostalgic just because I was there for 4 years for university.

One of my grouses is that church is much more far away than before. It is really going from the west coast to the east, and I pray hard that God will make a way for me to go to church without much hassle. Maybe I should get used to snoozing in the train most of the time from station to station?

Another one of my complaints is that I'm living so far away from everyone else now, especially my friends in the north and central area. They've already made it clear that they'll never send me home to Lakeside ever. Such friends right? Well, at least there's Yan Yan. Hor, Yan Yan?

Well, for the next 3 days, I'm going to try and hug every lamp post that I pass when I go home in Bishan. The keyword is try.


No comments:

Post a Comment