Sunday, January 15, 2012

Grace Is A Beautiful Thing.



This quote is very apt for me. But it's very random.


Today, after a "scary but punchy and impactful" service, Sheila was talking to her friend whom she'd just brought to church on the way to lunch.

The friend expressed his thoughts. "I felt that the church should emphasize on how the members should behave, on how to be good so that there is a clear idea of how Christians should conduct themselves, and be sinless and also, newcomers will work hard towards changing their hearts so that they can be ready to be Christians."

(something along those lines)

Sound logical right?

But God's grace defies logic.

Sheila answered,"That's where you are wrong. The thing about being a Christian is that we're all sinners. Only after we accept Jesus as our Lord and Saviour, then we are able to change, because He can then mould us and change us inside. If we were to do good works on our own in order to go to heaven, wouldn't that be the same as the basis of every other religion?"

That reminded me of Grace. His Grace.

When I just started out in my spiritual walk, my walk was slow. I wasn't anywhere near Him, and I had all the wrong ideas. My heart was in the wrong places and my mind was preoccupied. I was a sinner in my first year as a Christian, and I still am now, for there are so many traps and so many things of the world that still distracts me.

My non-believer friends asked me, "Why do you still follow Christ even though you've done things totally un-biblical, condemnable, wrong?"

"Because", it flowed out quite fast, without thinking,"even when I abandoned Him, He has never abandoned me. He showed me favour at work, He gave me opportunities, He helped me survive everything thrown at me, and he takes away my fear."

"He has never abandoned me."

Now tell me, how beautiful this thing Grace is? It's always there, for everyone to take and it's free. It's been paid for in blood. And it is enough for all men.

So, knowing that the Lord knows me and loves me for all my flaws and my weaknesses, it's my turn to learn how to love Him too.

"When we come to worship
bow down and pray
may the light of Jesus
anoint us each day"

No comments:

Post a Comment