Tuesday, December 27, 2011

We Can Set The World On Fire (In 2012)

But for now, let's take a look back at 2011, because I have a lot to be grateful for.

This bunch of friends.



7 years, I believe it has been, since I walked into SRJC and met this bunch of crazy people who taught me more than playing ball. They peeled off the "Loser" tag attached to my long brown skirt, and made me cool.

This year, I'm glad to say that I've rebounded back into the group, after getting lost in 2010. I'm back, yat-ches! Cheers to Moscato and more!

This bunch of friends.



We walked out of university and entered society with high dreams, hopes and ambition. Even though we are slowly weathered and stabbed by the intense winds of the working world, we still persevere.

With each meetup, we exchange stories in the workplace, what made us broke down and what made us stronger.

Ultimately, it's not the degree that makes the difference in your 5" by 9" cubicle. It's your attitude. I'm so proud of you girls (and one guy). We're still surviving!

This basketball team.




I need to admit, that everytime we put our hands together for a whoosh, I expect someone to shout "Nan Da" instead of "Jumpshot", since I've been so used to the alma mater, and also Yan's booming voice.

Somehow, I've managed to find a work-life balance through this little team that was put together by Esther. And we're playing better and better with each game.

Also, the Taiwan trip together was just what we needed for some good ol' bonding and relaxing.

People may get old, but passion never dies.

Kelly.



Kelly is so explosively different from any of my other friends because she was my colleague at WhyOhGee. Nonetheless, she's one of the most sincere and honest friend I've had. Actually she's more like an older sister, since she's a bit older. Okay, not really a bit. Haha. But still, a very precious friend who gave me 3 presents at one go.

Baptism.



In this picture, only 1 person was baptised. Guess who?

It was Wendy, on my left, who got baptised and her MP went for it. No kidding. Well, good news is, in 2012, the other 2 people in the picture are getting baptised too!

January 8th 2012, mark it guys.

Blading and Other Crazy Incidents That Only Happen When This Two Are Around



Amanda and Charlene are the perfect combi for the best times.




I learnt how to blade in 2011. In 2012, I'm going to pick up the guitar. Please pray for my musical talent, or rather, for my lack in it.

Adventures.



Diving, parasailing, flying fish. I went nuts during my holiday, and I went nuts with Leanne! More high-octane adventures okay?

Cell Group



Even though I always distract my cell group members by telling them that someone's using the bathroom every time they hear the pipes, they've not thrown me out of bible study yet.

This year, we all became closer to one another in Church. I'm really happy to say that going to church is a very pleasant thing to do, because you just feel that you're merely going home.

Working Life

When God opens a door, you know it's the right one.

Freedom

I tore away all the letters that no longer mean anything. I threw away everything that was a waste of my time. I no longer hide in the dark, I stand out in the light, with the Lord's courage.

And I'm free now.

My God

The slogan on top of my blog, "Refine Me, Lord, Through The Flame" is truly a slogan for the year. For I have gone through so many experiences, both good and bad, and I emerge more and more refined. I have been through humiliation, pride, jealousy, loss, but my God, my precious, fearful God has always been there for me every single day, refining and molding me.

2012 is going to be a tough year, but I'm not afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment