Sunday, September 4, 2011

I Guess We're Done For Now.


Xinying, Small Forward

I squeezed my only non-working day free dry, like a lemon, today.

First it was the 3-on-3 tournament at *scape which lasted from 8.15am till 6pm. I had a lot of fun, and also saw/ played with many familiar faces. It's nice.

Xiaomei! Long time no see! It also happened to be her birthday today!

We managed a third placing, as we lost out in the semi-finals by 1 point. Well, I've never gone so far in a 3-on-3 tournament before, so it was still good.

I was telling Sam that we must strive for 3rd placing at least, because the 4th placing has no prizes. Halfway, I began to sing:

"It's all about the money, money, money...
We all need the money, money, money...
It's not about the (other) prizes,
It's all about the ca-ash...

All about the cha-ching, cha-ching
Not about the ba-bling ba-bling
Wanna get my money
So we must win 3rd prize"
(Sing to the tune of Jessie J's Price Tag")

And I gotta say, I banged into Haixin AGAIN.

It was the same situation as the Women's Open last year. I wanted to screen for her, but she decided to cut in between me and the person I wanted to screen. So, bang! She hit her head on my lips, but other than a bump, she was okay. It's funny, but at the same time, quite embarrassing.

I also got my first technical foul because I forgot after we score, we cannot touch the ball. (But the referee didn't give any warning. Horrible man.) And he almost gave me another one shortly after because I forgot again. The rules we were playing with today was so different from the normal 3-0n-3 rules.

Don't know why so many unlucky things happen to me today. I was seated near the courtside when an intense match were going on between 2 Men's team. As I was standing up, a player flew towards me in a bid to try and save an out-of-bounds ball. And it was just nice that when he swung his hand, my head popped up.

It hurt. But even worse, it was really embarrassing.

Nevermind, brushing it off.

In the evening, the Jumpshot team played the 3rd-4th placing game, so we hurried from *scape to BAS. Sadly, when we arrived, it was almost half time and the team was being whipped. Basket after basket went into our net from fast breaks. We tried to catch up, and did a really great job in the 4th quarter, but alas, it was too little too late.

But nevermind again. Brushing it off.

As the teammates say in their last words interview with my Zoom 4n, "We'll be back... stronger."

Basically, now I'm really tired. So it's lights off for me now, and then a grueling 5 days of non-stop work. But it's okay....

HONGKONG ON SATURDAY!!! VACATION, HERE I COME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment