Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Anecdotal Hong Kong Hangover Part 2: Freeloader Alert

This post is a guide on how to survive on zero amount of money in Hong Kong. Simple, grab a parent and go.

Yeap, I became a freeloader for 4 days.


I'm such a happy freeloader!

This was because I needed to save up for my Bali trip, and with my finances, the reality was that I could only afford 1 trip, which I had intended was the Bali trip. But bless my Mama, she said that she wanted to reward me for working so hard, so she decided to sponsor this Hong Kong holiday.

Now, the tricky part is, how do you pay for things without actually paying? Here's 3 easy steps.

1. Smile wide and point. "Hehe, Mummy... nice hor?"
2. Get Mummy to buy something from the same place. "Eh! Look nice on you!"
3. Seal the deal by putting your freeloaded goods with Mummy's stuff when she pays for hers.


New basketball shoes!

Wah, I can hear you "tsk tsk-ing" already. That's what my big sister did for the whole trip. "Eh, you not pai seh one hor?"

My reply? "I got no money to be pai seh leh."


Ya lor, very happy.

That said, I know and I really thank the Man Above for my family who has thoroughly blessed me and feed me. If you see my double chin, you know they feed me really well.

But you know, we, as humans, always have something to grumble about. I know I do, which of course, if you put the magnitude of His blessings for you against whatever you're grumbling about, it becomes miniscule. Like a Pi Sai in your nose. We just gotta dig it out, shoot it off, and move on.

Haha. Such a disgusting analogy.

Actually, I did work for the things I bought. By doing what I do best- navigating. And even though, as usual, my mum and sister are always doubtful of where I bring them, we always get to the place in the end.

Next up- How to navigate the streets of Hong Kong.

No comments:

Post a Comment