Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Anecdotal Hong Kong Hangover Part 1: The Masseuse Murderer



Hello everybody. I'm just back from a nice 4 day 3 night trip from Hong Kong. And because you know how much I like to talk about my travels, I hereby present The Anecdotal Hong Kong Hangover. This can be used as a travel guide for future travelers to Hong Kong, but it's really lousy, so please use Lonelyplanet or something better if you wish to gain good, solid information. Anyway, this is a really short series because yours truly has to go back to work soon, so, enjoy.

This first story is on the Masseuse. Even modified a song about her which you can see on my FB status. It all started when my mum, my sis and I were so tired after a day at Ocean Park, then a night at Mong Kok that we decided to go for a foot massage. We went to a place where my sister had gone before, and we took the package that had 60 minutes foot massage + 25 minutes body massage. The foot massage went great. And then, it was the body massage. That's when it all began.

My masseuse was petite, and keeping in mind not to be rude, had a huge front which she flaunted proudly with a low cut tee. I had to avoid looking at the twin peaks every time she bent over to clap the leg muscles during the foot massage. But never mind those, they weren't the deadliest things on her. For sure.

So, I was ushered into a small room and had to lie down on a bed with a hole in the middle for my face. After 25 minutes, while I was changing back into my clothes, I told my sister who was in the same room that it wasn't a massage.

It was murder.

"Huh? What?" My sister asked.

No doubt about it. Don't let her small size fool you, this masseuse has killer elbows. And when she felt that the strength wasn't enough, she would climb on top of me and "HAIYA!", jab 'em down my shoulders.

Okay la, she never shouted "Haiya".

It's actually kinda my fault. I only told her it really hurt after she was done with one side. And she said "Huh? Why didn't you tell me earlier? I thought you enjoyed it."

No. I may look like I was enjoying it, but I was dying inside. Of immense pain. And I wondered how she derived that I was enjoying it because my face was stuck in that hole, wincing at the only things I can see- her shoes and the floor.

"I think she was trying to seek revenge because we didn't want the pedicure." I told my sister, as an afterthought.

"Eh, but I also didn't want to do the pedicure, and my masseuse was okay." My sister said.

Well, perhaps I've not been pre-warned about the HK-style hard massage. More used to the smooth oil Thai massage that doesn't involve jabbing. The HK masseuse, in her defense, said that pain is good, that it'll feel really good after.

Of course it'll feel good. Anything will feel good if you're not jabbing at it like meat on a chopping board.

She left a long-lasting and deep impression on me.

Because the very next day, I could still feel the part of my back where she jabbed.

I'll never forget you, Masseuse with the twin peaks and killer elbows. You've got the moves like Jabber.

No comments:

Post a Comment