Thursday, September 24, 2009

Impromptus




I don't care already. I'm going to finish The China Diaries. I can't wait to show you guys wonderful pictures of the Shangri-la grassland. Just awesome. So, bear with my self-indulgent posts which are forever too long (or just skip over to the pictures. The pictures are fantastic).

Now I've gotten that out of my system. Stupid Felily and her emo-nemo posts which just makes me feel like going back. Joyce said that the 6 months didn't seem to happen at all. Which of course, isn't true, because I'm always trying to teleport myself back to 中山公园.

But I still love you Felily. And Joyce also.

And today, I woke up, feeling like I'm in Yangzhou all over again.

I stayed over at Ah Fang and Shi Hui's hall room last night, along with Wanmei, Jie Qi and Qinling. It was a moment of spontaneity. And as I already know, I either fall asleep fast or I don't fall asleep at all. I started drifting in and out of sleep when we went to sleep at 4am, but was mostly out- and I think everyone was fast asleep by 4.30am. For me though, it was the usual tossing and turning around. All I could think about was the similarities between this sleep and the one in Yangzhou, where I gave up trying to sleep and just laid there with my ipod in my ears.

When I was up at 8.30am, the golden period where all alarms went off and are put to snooze, I opened my eyes and just stared at the ceiling. I was thinking, this feels familiar. I would have woken Joyce up by now, and then would walk all the way to Felily's room to wake her up. And Joyce would still be on the bed, rolling in the sheets. If this was Shanghai.

Nonetheless, it was still a fun impromptu sleepover. We fashioned a slide out of the mattresses and slid down like little kids. Ahhh, such fun.

Once again, I feel super lucky to be going to school like a Year 1, even though I'm a Year 4. Then team has come up with a lot of activities during Recess Week and I'm just so eggcited. Seriously, it relieves a lot of stress and pressure from FYP. Plus, I just learnt some new moves during training yesterday. Oh yes. I really feel that there's so much to learn, and so little time. Often, I wonder why I never really played much with the ball when I was young. I'd always be home in a jiffy (ironically, I don't do my homework), never talking much to my so-called teammates. In JC I thought it got better. That's when I can say I played with a lot of passion. But it wasn't until I became a referee that I knew that there was so much more to the game. Damn.

But it's okay. I'm just glad I mustered the courage to go for Anti-You tryouts in year 1. It'll pay off, I told myself everytime I went for training. It'll pay off.

And yeap, it really did.

No comments:

Post a Comment