Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Opportunities.

When we were young, how far did we think we would go? How far did you think you were gonna go?

Today, there was a meeting with the superior, and what came out were plans for the future. Therein, in the span of 10 minutes, golden opportunities- big, huge, international opportunities laid themselves on the ground. That is, if I choose to take it.

This evening, as I walked out of the office towards home, so many thoughts crawled through my tiny head. Do I just want to be a run-of-the-mill editor, or do I thirst for more? Will I be able to take the stress of the big projects and will I be able to make the sacrifice?

And then, this thought came creeping in. "What about God?"

"What about God?"

It disturbed me a little. You would think, God gives opportunities, right? You would think, "He's the one who hands it to you. He knows what you want and you want it. Take it."

Yet at the same time, my heart is saying,"Will you be consumed by this? Will you be able to have the time for His missions, His word, His ministry?"

I am stuck. Hopefully, as I start to pray about this, I'll get an answer that will bring peace into my heart. But still, I am quite excited about the opportunities. To totally misquote Katy Perry, that was my teenage dream. And it goes far beyond what I thought I will be doing.

You know what? I'm just going to continue dreaming big, and we'll see where He takes me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment