Thursday, July 26, 2012

Only By Grace

The best way to remember what God has done for us is to journal it down. And therefore, I shall, for He has been so full of goodness and mercy this week.

On Monday, I came home to the middle of an argument. There were tears, there was tension and emotions were highly unstable. I, for one, lost it as well. I wanted to walk away, I was about to, and things snapped. The next few moments were unforgettable, and it was one of the scariest moments in my life. The scariest, I reckon, on hindsight. I'm being vague about all because I cannot put it in words. Also, a part of me don't want to. (Since it's already over, let's just let the awful feelings go.) But, yes, scary it was. I walked back to my room, laid on my bed and cried out, and for the first time, it was desperate.

I whats-apped Felicia and Joyce, asked them to pray for me and the state of my family. I said to them, "It seems that I'm walking through the valley of the shadow of death, and I am scared shitless."

They listened, and they prayed.

On Tuesday and Wednesday, things didn't look too good. You can see the heartbreak in my parents' heart, the anger, the confusion. I chose to came home late after work. I didn't know what to do.

This morning, I brushed my teeth. My mum broke the news of a probable reconciliation. There was dialogue. There was breaking of ice. In the car as my dad drove me to work, he talked about how he gave in (at work) after looking at what happened at home, and work was good for now. Home is looking to be better.

In a span of 4 days, there was a lot of emotions going through the tiny heart and brain of yours truly. And just when I felt the most helpless, He was there. He carried everyone of us in this family through. He worked his powers and His glory was comforting.

I know, we're not at the end yet, and there has to be a lot to be done in the meantime. I really hope, by faith, we'll be okay.

By faith, we'll be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment