Sunday, April 10, 2011

Penguin Ball

"Penguin Ball". That's the weekend.

I find myself only describing my weekends these days. And even so, some weekends are not spent floating in a swimming pool with a drink in my hand (I WISH!), like this weekend, which was spent with the big W. Hint: It's a four letter word.

When my big married sister came over to spend the evening back at home yesterday, I told her, "You're my social life this weekend."

But it was fun. Yes, somehow, not sleeping in the same room after 23 years does wonders for sisters. We talked about a whole truckload of topics, dug out old stuffed toys that boys gave us and laughed at them. For the record, my lil' sister won us in the amount of stuffed toys she received. However, her stuffed toys were not as fun as mine! It was a round pink penguin, which someone had given me about 3 years back. It had a small stain, so when I tried to wash it, the stain became bigger and it was known as the "menstrating penguin" thereafter. But that's another story. The real story is how fun it was.

We started playing Penguin volleyball in the bedroom. Soon, we started heading it and my big sister, with her heavy bosom, chested it like a football. Then we started bounce-passing it, and only stopped after accidentally hitting my lil' sister on the head with it.

No she did not become stupider. It's a stuffed toy.

Yes. Highlight of my weekend was bouncing a "menstrating penguin" toy. Please, friends, don't let me become a loser.

Oh wait-- am I one already?

Kidding lah!

(Had a good weekday stretch of dinners to keep myself sane, so that's good!)

No comments:

Post a Comment