Friday, April 1, 2011

Friday, Friday! Gotta Get Down on Friday.

Friday's here, well, technically, it's Saturday and I'm trying to think of what I can talk about here instead of how the weekend is here again.

Because I see that I have the tendency to do that. And also because the Rebecca Black song is everywhere. But you know, the song really captures my thoughts.

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
Today i-is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)
We-we-we so excited
We so excited
We gonna have a ball today

Tomorrow is Saturday
And Sunday comes after...wards
I don’t want this weekend to end

Wish I could sing it out loud- without bursting out in laughter/embarrassment, whichever comes first. And of course, getting all days in a week right.

This song prove one thing- there is hope yet for
1) aspiring not-yet-famous songwriters
2) R&B singers whose songs don't make much sense ("go shortie, it's your birthday" anyone?)
3) Foreigners who massacre the English language ("lucky my breasts are small and humble so you don't mistake them for mountains" in Shakira's Whenever Wherever)
4) English natives who gives weird metaphors ("Do you ever feel like a plastic bag?" in Katy Perry's Firework. Well, do ya? Do ya?)
5) people-who-like-to-sing-about-what-they-are-doing (that's me la).

Ya. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment