Saturday, February 19, 2011

If You Can Feel Your Butt Muscles, That Can't Be Good.

Well, I can feel my butt muscles now, all nice and tight. If you think I'm giving away too much information, don't worry. I can explain.

So the start of the week went well. Valentine's Day this year was spent not with Avid (the editing suite from school or I like to call David's brother), not with Cathy-Yewei who bought us flowers which I wanted to break, but with my arms and legs and a nice jog below my house.

I only ran 1km plus and it took me 10minutes. But the next two days, boy, I felt like an achy old lady.

Then Thursday came and I was able to go for basketball training after work with this almost-totally new team. Saw 2 old teammates, some familiar faces, and did a calculation. I hadn't played basketball in 4 months. Or more. I can't remember. But my body has a good memory and it knows how I've been wasting away. We did stretching, ball control and shooting drills only, but my legs became a creaky old chair in need of some good oiling shortly after.

It could have been a coincidence, but I chose to take up my first refereeing assignment today after 2 months of not blowing the whistle. Thank God it went okay, but I still ran a little.

And tomorrow, tomorrow is the grand finale of the week, the icing on the cake that is my worn out butt muscles. It's the YA Sports Day! It's a church event for the Young Adult cell groups to come together and play soccer and frisbee. Even though my butt muscles are screaming "Bloody Murder", I am actually quite looking forward to it.

This week is sports week for me. And it really reminded me, how I used to run 2.4km in 12mins and 12seconds, how I used to train at night after a hectic day at school, and still manage to stay up in the wee hours to finish up assignments, how as a referee, I am already used to assessing situations as they come and working under pressure.

I am strong. And God reminded me this week that He has been preparing me for the real working life. And you know, even with the butt muscles, and the having to sit down really slowly if not your butt will hurt, I feel so empowered this week.

Philippians 4:13 says, I can do everything in Him who gives me strength.

And so, my job don't seem so freakishly scary after all.

It's now just plain scary.

Kidding.

No really.

Kidding again!

Okay bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment