Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Bye bye Joyce!





My dear Joyce, who has been my bedmate and travelmate since 4 years ago, is flying solo. And will be, for the next 2 years.

She'll be doing her Masters in Social Work in (currently) flooding Melbourne. Thank God her apartment is on the 18th floor, so she won't be swept away. Nevertheless, Joyce, if you are reading this, please buy a floating device okay! If you live on the first floor, I would have asked everyone to chip in to buy you a small sampan. But since you're living on the 18th, an inflatable float will do. Don't buy an inflatable doll ah. Cos that's er... just awkward.

I pray that she will have a smooth 2 years, that she will have a lot of fun Down Under, and at the same time, be able to serve in a ministry over there. Maybe she can try to wriggle her way to Hillsong United? Haha, that's a wild idea.

It's a bittersweet moment, and so I chose not to be there at the airport. One, because I was still at work when she checked in, and two because usually when both of us are at the airport, we'll be going into the departure gates together. I was afraid I would try to do that unknowingly.

"JOYCE AHHHHHHH I LOVE YOU! MUST EAT AND SLEEP WELL!!! MUACKS MUACKS!!"

And so, if the Aussies are still asking "Where the bloody hell are you?", Joyce, you can safely say "I'm here la! Alamak!"


p.s, if you miss me Joyce, draw a dot on your forehead and look into the mirror. :D I will only allow you to do this. The rest of you, don't ah!

No comments:

Post a Comment