Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Car and Debbie Gibson

4 years ago, I drove the red Rush from the showroom home. That was my first time driving the car.

Subsequently, it went through the whole island of Singapore with me.

I managed to send a lot, a lot, a lot of people home, from Boon Lay to Tampines, and to many other places where I wouldn't have known about if not for my friends who were everywhere.

It was a good companion, and recently, it was affectionately called "Xiaohong".

Yesterday, I drove the car to the dealer's house, handed over the car, the keys and bade goodbye to this nice shiny red car.

I'll never be able to say I'm in a "Rush" with a double meaning anymore.

Or drive to any little corner I want and spend the night just chatting in the car with my friend.

It did leave me with a nice souvenir though. I bumped my head on the car door accidentally and my forehead has a little bump now.

Anyway, I discovered a nice little song while driving the car the past few weeks. It just kept playing on Class 95 and I thought it was something new.

Turns out, it was Debbie Gibson.



If you say jump I say how high
If you say run, I'll run and fly
Just for a chance
Just for the moment
Should the moment pass us by

If you ask once I'll tell you twice
I'll ignore the world's advice
If we could be together
For a while

It's a really nice and catchy song.

Oldies are indeed goodies.

Thanks Xiaohong, for being with me for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment