Sunday, December 19, 2010

A Time of Giving

'Tis the season for Christmas carols once again. Yesterday, church service started with a rousing rendition of Joy to "The World", and I ended my day with a cell group party and "Jingle Bells".

Ah yes, time to warble out the familiar "Hark the Herald Angels Sing", "Silent Night" and my personal favourite, "O Come All Ye Faithful".

And while Christmas is around the corner, my church celebrates Thanksgiving, or should I say Tensgiving concurrently. Hence, 'tis the season for giving thanks for the past year. And looking back, for me, there's definitely more to give thanks for. The opportunities to go to Japan, Bible Camp, Cambodia, more recently Australia, and the Youth Olympic Games. These are landmarks in my 2010 calendar, and each event, some more than others, have been trying. But, we got through that, and when I say "we", I mean the people who's ventured into 2010 with me.

Well, an important lesson I learnt yesterday was Bible Mathematics, you get more by giving more. Oh, and how true it was, for after sending 6 people home in the Car last night at 12midnight, I found that the nearest parking lot to my flat lift was vacant. Which. Was. Very. Rare.

Oh, the joy of giving!

No comments:

Post a Comment