Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Poppin' DVDs

I haven't done the following in a long time, which is to watch movie after movie after movie. 3 to be precise. I bought 4 films yesterday and finished 3 of them. The last time that I sat on my chair till my butt hurts was when I watched The Godfather Trilogy 2 years ago, in 3 days.

First was National Treasure 2: The Book of Secrets. I'm a sucker for adventure stories.




Then Inside Man by Spike Lee, which was quite a nice surprisingly humorous thriller about a perfect bank heist. And smart too.



Lastly, it was the show I've wanted to watch since I was in Junior College (I think). The Motorcycle Diaries, a story about Ernesto Guevera and his friend traveling cross country from Argentina to Peru with just a motorcycle. Reminds me of my dear FYP film, but of course, this film is much, much, much richer in terms of content and visual cinematography.



Ernesto Guevera, who saw much poverty and the ill treatment of capitalist landlords towards peasants in this account, would later be the most famous icon on our tee shirts. He became the revolutionary Che Guevera in his later years.



Oh, I wish I could just keep watching DVD after DVD, but I'm fast running out of money-- and the shows at the box office arn't much of an attraction at all.

Eh, maybe I shall revisit my Godfather trilogy. That might work.

No comments:

Post a Comment