Saturday, October 9, 2010

How hard is it to be nice?



Today, I didn't go to church. Instead, I went for my refereeing beep test in the morning.

As soon as I drove into the carpark, I saw a tiny slot and promptly reversed into it. A woman carrying some items was walking along, and she stopped beside my car. As I squeezed out of my car, the woman said, "Do you know this is not a parking lot?"

"Oh." I said, and glanced over. It wasn't a parking lot. It was a space between two parking lots.

"How am I going to get into my car now?" She said, with a hint of sarcasm and an obvious look of disapproval as she shook her head.

"Oh. Okay."

I got back into my car and drove out. But there she was, shaking her head with that look of disdain.

Well, how hard is it to be nice? Will it kill you to stop shaking your head? Did I make things even more difficult for you?

I really wonder, how hard is it for people to be nice. A "thank you" would have made my day. Or a nice auntie-ish smile will suffice. But no, we just have to be nasty. We just have that need to be sarcastic.

Come on guys, we can do better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment