Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Bummer With a Capital B.



Stick that label on me, 'cos I'm proud to say I'm a Bummer now. With a capital B thank you very much.

After 5 months at YOG, with 3 memorable but tiring overseas trips in between, I am now a certified fully unemployed fresh graduate with an incomplete resume and 0 job interviews so far.

Life. Is. Good.

Of course, like all other mums, my very own queen of the household have been trying to coax me into looking for a job. Sorry, did I say coax? I should say "coerce" is more likely. She's been on my tail for the (quite large amount of) money I still owe her for my Japan trip, and have been going on and on about how she found a job the first thing she left school at Sec 1. "Start earlier, then retire earlier," she'd say.

But then, I do want to be patient. Now that I finally have the time to sit down and think about my future career, I should do that. To pray, to seek advice, and to just prepare myself mentally for the torturous working life that lies ahead. And to keep myself in check in the form of a letter in case I, like Gordon Gekko, turn rogue someday.



To future me,

I hope that you've gained a lot of knowledge and wisdom, patience, friends, good tactics and happiness throughout your career. Please look back from time to time and check whether your current job gives the above. If it doesn't, QUIT IMMEDIATELY. I don't want you being miserably rich. I rather you be happily poor, cos if all else fails, you still can go be a referee.

Or a PE teacher. Yay!

Love,
Deanna the Bummer

No comments:

Post a Comment