Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Decade (or How I Thoroughly Enjoyed 2009.)

As a form of deja vu more so than a tradition, Sivalingam and I was out to celebrate the last day of the year for the 2nd year running. Last (last) year, there was Lagoon and Boyfriend with us, and so we played with sparkles and water guns after a long chat at Starbucks Big Splash. This time, Lagoon is back in Shanghai, while Pam and Hwee Teng are navigating their way through the clouds on the way home and Sin Ting is in some countdown party of his own.

So it was just me and Sivalingam the Chinese Indian. We sat at Starbucks again, but at the Raffles City one. We looked to the sky and saw the fireworks which marked the beginning of 2010. Then we settled down and chatted some more.

It has only been a few hours into 2010, the new decade of the millennium, but I'm missing 2009 already.

2009 has been nothing short of awesome, and these are reasons why:

1. Champions. A whole IVP season filled up my January while waiting for the big 6 months Shanghai internship. As the season went on, I was grateful that I had no schoolwork to worry about, since we basically went mad during after-match self-held "parties". One who went to school on friday morning after supper at Geylang was quoted as saying "feel a bit seh seh".

2. Shanghai Shenanigans. Trip #3 in the university days. This trip was a full blown six months of internship during weekdays and studying in Fudan University on weekends. Then more travelling to different parts of the "chicken-like" country on other weekends which finally led to a 13-day travelling stretch from Sichuan to Yunnnan. The whole experience was nothing short of awesome, especially when your housemates are oh-so-huggable and kisseeble (not kissable, cos they're the ones planting it on me.) and I did 2 corporate videos for my company in this span of time, too.

3. Champions again. Sunig 09 came around after I landed in this small dot. Out went the "Fu Lu Shous" + Belicia who was busy with her schoolwork, and in came many new faces, but still, the madness stayed. With charades, Murderer, 7-up and many drinking games, our after-match activities never dwindled down. And so this must be true: A team that drinks together stays together.

4. Spiritual Milk. I finally took the step, and poof, my Sundays from September onwards start with a "Wake up!" message from Joyce at 7 plus in the morning and ends after bible study. It's been a good few months into this walk, and I'm looking forward to having the most awesome and omnipotent God to guide me through the next decade (and more) . One thing to note: Prayer really works!

5. Eff Why Pee (or FYP). Now that we've past the production stage, it's time to sit in front of the computer and start piecing together this little baby into our very own indie flick.

Happy New Decade, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment