Saturday, December 12, 2009

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn.

I was watching the AFI 100 years, 100 Movie Quotes compilation and it hit me that I knew about 40% of the movies featured. It just goes to show how many movies a film student goes through, and of course movie nights in Shanghai helped to. Here's a list of some of my favourites, and let's see if you can get which movie they are from. Some are quite old, but there are a few contemporary ones.

"You talkin' to me? Oh, you talkin' to me."

"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse."

"Hasta la vista, baby."

"Gentleman, you can't fight in here. This is the war room!"

"Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown."

"Here's Johnny!"

"You had me at hello."

"Show me the money."

"Carpe diem, boys. Seize the day."

"May the force be with you."

"Rosebud"

"I feel the need- the need for speed."

And the one that gets me in chuckles everytime:

"Stella! Hey Stella!"




And no, there's no "You jump I jump" in there, thank goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment