Wednesday, June 10, 2009

One Application At A Time, Please.




In case you didn't notice/ I didn't tell you, I got my hands on a spanking new MacBook Pro five months ago. Yes, you can smell from miles away this post is a "show-off" post, but hey, I can't help it.

Ever since I had this baby, I've been dumping applications and applications into the hard drive. Most are for work, and some are just for pure entertainment. I found myself very alarmed at the fact that I am only left with 28Gig of hard drive space, especially when I had 250Gig to begin with. (But I get to delete some files after internship- probably 20Gig of space- so yay!)

It feels like a super computer, and let me tell you why. Here, installed in this tiny 15" laptop, are
1. Adobe Creative Suite for Web
- has Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Dreamweaver
2. Handbrake and MPEG Streamclip
- the essential, and may I mention FREE, programmes to convert video files from one format to another
3. Countless Dashboard Widgets
- my Mac tells time, date, weather, has a currency converter and tells me the temperature of the computer
4. A super duper video editing program
- there used to be Adobe Premier, which lasted 30 days. Now a new one is coming along.
5. Cyberduck
- another free program. This is for uploading content onto the web.

Gosh, my computer is a mini production house, and I'm loving it.

No comments:

Post a Comment