Friday, July 4, 2014

The Timing

I had made plans with Leanne to meet for dinner on Thursday night, as I haven't seen her for the longest time. 3 months, in fact, and she had gone to Denmark, then Vancouver and back. 

However, my plan backfired as some work stuff got delayed and I forsaw a need to stay back that night. With a heavy heart, I texted Leanne to ask if we could take a raincheck. Bless this girl whom "we were both young when I first met you", she understood and agreed.

In the early evening though, I was done pretty fast, unexpectedly. So I texted her to see if we can put the dinner back on the schedule. But she had already made plans. So we decided to push our dinner to next week.

I have cell group every Friday. But on this day, it just has to be today, cell group was canceled as our cell-group mate is getting married tomorrow and a lot of them have been mobilized to help in the set up today. So I had decided, early in the week, that I would hang out with Mr Lim. We made new plans, to go over to his place in Tampines and watch a random movie. Sounds good. 

Today, Friday, I was set to head to Tampines. 

For it just so happened that Leanne stays in Tampines. 

And this afternoon, I received a text from her that said,"My grandmother passed away."

In the end, I went to Mr Lim's for a quick pee break (blame the weak bladder) and then I went to meet Leanne, just a few streets down the road. And we ended up talking over a late dinner at the airport.

This is the story of how I got to be there for my friend, despite my crazy schedule. Without knowing I could. God loves her, and His grand scheme of loving her included me.

I have a wonderful God.

And of course, we're still set for next Wednesday night's dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment