Thursday, July 24, 2014

Maturity

Ok, so after seven months, being in love is actually really really fun.

But also scary. Ever so often we mention the future, and a whole lot of jargon falls into place. Things I've never truly thought about in my entire life. Being single for most of my life meant never needing to think about them.

Well until now.

The moment when my cell group leader James and his wife pulled out books about marriage and said, "it's a new season for you!"

So, Maturity, I need your help.

And among all the questions, one that is of utmost importance is- "Can we serve Sharks' Fin if we get to have a Chinese wedding please?". Seems even more pressing for your presence now, Maturity.

Of course, it is to be followed by, what's life like being committed to a person for a really really really long time? Will we be doing the same things everyday till it falls into routine? How do we manage finances, and life? I'm just beginning to start saving for one person, and I don't even have enough to get a 5D camera, how to I get enough to start a life outside of my parents' home? How does one even go around to get a flat when the most expensive purchase I've ever made is my $2800 iMac?

But of course, coming back to rationality, the above questions won't be needing an answer so soon. As i've mentioned, it's only been seven months. We can keep the hyperventilation bag in storage for a while more. And perhaps, if I start thinking about these now, there won't be a need to hyperventilate when the time comes even. 

Maturity, aren't you working just fine?

No comments:

Post a Comment