Monday, June 25, 2012

Under The Cambodian Sun



I confess.

The reason why I went to Cambodia for the 2nd time was because I found Him there during my first trip. He was ever so strong, ever so mighty in that land.

And again, there He was, working so hard to free the land from its stronghold. There is always this warm, fuzzy feeling everyday when I was there, and even though we didn't do much but to support the local pastor during our time there, I could feel how He was using me to do his work.

When I go back to my daily life, I often forget the joy of life itself, and how lucky I am to be in Singapore, with proper sanitation, hot water for bathing, and so much more. Just having a toilet is a luxury in itself. It takes something like this, and of course, the memories of the village children to jolt me. Looking at a classroom of kids with ages that range from 3 years old to 15 years old learning about "Parts of a Body" can unlock emotions one never knew one had.

People usually go on mission trips and minister to others. I think it has the opposite effect on me.










No comments:

Post a Comment