Thursday, June 7, 2012

Coffee In My Bloodstream

It's late.

I shouldn't be up. If not for what-felt-like-the-longest-meeting-ever and hot coffee, I would be sleeping by now without a heart palpating at 120 beats per minute.

Sigh, it's the coffee. My body is no longer used to caffeine. I used to down my favourite java chip frappuccino without any qualms, but now, I have to think twice about drinking any caffeine-laced product.

My heart now beats like an over-excited teenager who's just spotted her crush, but my mind is as old and tired as a 25 year old yearning for the bed. And it doesn't help if tomorrow is the big un-holiday holiday. Well, a mission trip could hardly be counted as a holiday, but I like the idea of going for the mission more than a holiday. Even though I may DIE OF FATIGUE over there.  Or when I'm back, whichever occurs first. I have a concerned friend who always think of me whenever she reads about people dying of fatigue.

Again, I would like to emphasize that it's late. Not to anyone else, but yours truly. And yet, here I am, typing away, enjoying each stroke as the eyelids grow heavier. Did I mention this is the lightest I have ever packed? No time to be kiasu when you only have 8 kg to bring on board, and that includes this very Mac that I am typing on, not to mention a Canon 550D.

But you know, as the song goes, God Will Make A Way.

For baggage allowance.

And for the coffee to diffuse out of my bloodstream.

Goodnight.




No comments:

Post a Comment