Saturday, August 14, 2010

Grand. Great. Fantastic.



(Now I'm waiting to shoot a press conference. It's about the 1st YOG Gold medal being handed out to Japan's triathlete, Yuka Sato.)

And that above sentence was typed yesterday. After which, 5 minutes later, she had arrived in the press conference, beaming with her brand new, first ever YOG Gold medal.

Now I'm in the New Media Lab in Marina Bay Sands, waiting for the video crews to return. Everyday has become somewhat of a routine, and I've not been home for the past 3 days (staying somewhere nearer but don't worry, I'm not spending overnight in the lab). But it's been good. Videos have been churning out, work has been done even if it means staying in the lab till the wee hours and having to wake up at 9am everyday.

Well, with prayer everyday, I'll survive.

Anyway, people have been talking about the Youth Olympic Games since it's finally here. On the topic of the Opening Ceremony, there are some detractors, unsupportive, unappreciative Singaporeans out there who dismiss this event as just another "NDP parade". I feel so disappointed with these people. They just can't see the larger picture and the significance of this event. There are so many people here and so many things happening just to make it a success. And even though it's the smaller cousin of the Olympics, I find joy in taking in the fact that these youngsters are able have this world-class stage to perform at. It is truly the beginning of an evolution in the sports scene.

Every time I walk past the flame at the Float, I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment