Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Love Is Easy

When I was younger, I'd imagine what love would be like for me. I was never the prettiest, the most popular, and my brush with love was far and few. And I do know a thing or two about unrequited love as well.

Such was my life, and of course shaping my perceptions were TV shows with fateful lovers aplenty. Looking at the drama that also surrounded some of my friends, I thought, man, relationships are tough.

Yesterday was a difficult day for me. In the morning, I was berated by my mother, to the point where I stormed out the house and drove away while crying in the car. House moving had caused much tension and uneasiness in my family.

When I reached church, I saw my friends and I put on a brave front. But when I saw ZR, I whispered to him, I'm so upset.

He was in the midst of preparing for his sermon. Are you upset with me? He asked.

No not you, my mother.

Okay okay, you hold on ah. He went quickly to do something, but was right back beside me in a jiffy.

What happened, he asked.

And then, I don't know what came over me, the floodgates unleashed itself.

He stayed with me, and even brought me to buy some baos, as I hadn't eaten at all. Don't you have a sermon to go to, I asked.

I've got time, he said cheerfully. I'll stay with you.

And so from then till the day ended, he was right beside me. I felt so comforted and so blessed.

Near the end of the day, he turned to me and said, did you ever think life will be like this, dear?

Never, I said. I never thought I would be this happy. This comfortable.

For me to have found a guy, who makes punnier jokes, who knows Stacy's Mum and even rickrolled me during the proposal, never in all my life. I was looking at him once while preaching, and I remembered a prayer I made to God. God, I just want to have a Christian boyfriend. Any Christian boy also can la, I just don't want to be single. Thank you God. 

Then I see in front of me the boy whom I love, loving God as he preaches with fervor and conviction. And guess what, he loves me back! That very moment, was the moment I knew, God You love me so much. And I know in every bit of my being, I do not deserve being loved so much.

I never thought love could be like this. I had once decided that love was just a small aspect of life ( when I was single and trying not to be desperate). But my God, my God, showed me how important love is.

I never thought that love could be so easy. 

But it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment