Tuesday, October 27, 2015

An Incident

I was upset.

I asked you, why are you a man who won't buy me a flower?

You replied it was because you had principles.

I was convinced. But my friends weren't.

A man who doesn't let you win, who keep insisting his ways, will make you lose your voice, said they.

But... I started. I was...

No, listen to us. You cannot let him win, said they.

I was... I was convinced by his reason, I tried to slip in.

No no, you have to stand up for yourself and your voice.

But I-- but... You guys aren't-

We know you, and we don't want to see you on the losing end, said they.

- letting me finish.

Do you understand what we are saying? You need your opinions and you need to say them. Said they.

I...

I don't think they know you.

I don't think they sensed that I had already drowned in their opinions.

And, the flower?

Already withered in an egotistical world.


No comments:

Post a Comment