Monday, June 28, 2010

A Good Time Away.

I have to first apologise, for the fact that even though I did say there'll be a journal that would chronicle the "Japan Diaries", I have been so busy that I'm still stuck at the #2 entry for that series. For those who don't really know, I have been busy with 1) Internship at Youth Olympic Games, 2) Annual Bible Camp and 3) Cambodia Mission Trip. And, in between all these, the other quality resting minutes have been spent near the buzzing sounds of the vuvuzula.

So, sorry ah, that I'm taking very long to update.

But I must say, even though I am really tired (think half-dead tired), it has been a good few weeks. I went for my first bible camp and my first mission trip and it was fruitful. Spending time in a third world country really open up one's eyes to the state of the world. There was so much to be done and so much to give in Cambodia, but I felt that the person who got the most out of this mission trip wasn't the kids, nor the villagers who received new clothes or rice, but me. To tell you how fruitful it was would probably take a really long entry, and I would hope that I can finish the "Japan Diaries" first before having another type-fest on this blog.

Then there's also the Youth Olympic Games internship, which I have been blessed thoroughly with. I know the first thing that comes to people's mind is- "Wait, haven't you graduated? Why are you still having internship?". Well, let's just say there are some budget constraints, and frankly speaking, it's still a good opportunity. After all, it is going to be the first ever Youth Olympic Games. Ever. Ever ever. You know what I mean.

(Yes, in case I forgot to update, I have graduated from Anti You with a Second-Lower Class Honours degree in Communications.)

And so, my life remains as hectic as ever. But you know what, busy or not, this has been (and still is) one of the most fulfilling period of my life.

I shall part this entry with a heartwarming picture of the Mission Trip team.



Let's go for another one soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment