Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Japan Diaries.



After a whirlwind 16 days of touring Japan with 10-kg backpacks (yes I have shoulder muscles now), the five of us-Felicia, Cathy, Colleen, Joyce and I- are back in Singapore, ready to settle down and find ourselves a job that will chain us for life.

But before that happens, I shall faithfully chronicle this 16 day journey through the most bizarre alien planet nearest to mankind- Japan. Hopefully this will help those who are planning to go over there soon, and also allow myself to indulge in some good ol' reminiscing about the topsy turvy 16 days filled with adventures and strange people and kind people.

I will start this entire log with a brief introduction of my travelmates.

Me- I was the big head/ transport minister of the trip. Read: 大头. However, my travelmates were too efficient in their tasks, so I mostly did nothing but panic. I like to think it's healthy "panicking" but even though I irritate them mostly, they still love me.

Felicia- The chief treasurer and the Osaka IC. She mostly look out for tasty snacks and her most frequent question is, "Oh I see ______ (Insert food name). You all want to eat?" when she has her cravings. But she still have a slim figure.

Cathy- Fashion consultant and Kyoto IC. Tried to penalise me when she found that I was wearing blacks socks high enough to cover the shortness of my leggings. She is nicknamed "Pink *******". (I'll die if I say it out.) and she makes us go to every Matsumoto Kiyoshi store (our equivalent of Watsons).

Colleen- 2nd in command and Hammamatsu IC. Takes a lot of pictures and buys a lot, a whole lot of things. By the end of the trip, her backpack grew taller than her.

Joyce- Has the heaviest task of navigating through the labyrinth-like subway lines of Tokyo as she is the Tokyo IC. But she did it well. Also known as Sleeping Beauty because she can sit on a train and sleep the whole way through. Without waking up at all.

Colleen's Iphone- What can I say? This baby was our makeshift laptops and our gates back to civilisation (and also destroys the illusion of vacations, but nevermind.)

Okay, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment